6.19.2009

Party Time - Birthday Cake!

Tomorrow we are celebrating my birthday with our friends and some family. Trey and I are smoking a brisket and I'm making potato salad, deviled eggs, and baked beans. YUM!
I also made myself a cake! I'm so excited because as of lately it seems all my friends have a cake decorating bug. I decided to take the leap and go for it. I bought some wilton gel food coloring and rather than color the icing. I colored the cake! I love it! It'll be a huge suprise when we cut into it tomorrow - so long as husband doesn't give it away. :)
Just your typical looking white cake.



And then, BAM!
There is a turquoise, hot pink, lime green, and orange layers. I went with 4 layers just for kicks. Between each layer is a fudge frosting. The outside and tops are all done with vanilla frosting. I then used a bag and tip for around the edge of the cake. I'm pretty proud - hopefully this sucker doesn't just fall apart tomorrow.
Pictures of it cut, tomorrow! Excited!

0 crafty folks: