8.16.2009

The Horny Toad


It's no lie. I have quite a fascination with horny toads. I really just love the little lizards! My husband would catch them on the jobsite but never would bring them home for me to love on! I had honestly never seen one alive until today. We were at a BBQ fundraiser for a neighboring fire department and I was helping a big engine truck back into the garage. This little guy jumps out and nearly runs under the tire!! Then runs back to the wall where I pick him up and tell him how naughty he was for running out in front of trucks! Being the size of a quarter, If he would have just looked both ways before... nevermind... So I took him home to photograph and set him free in my front yard where there is a plethora and variety of ants and grasshoppers for him to snack on to his hearts desire. Who knows maybe I can have a colony of horned toads in my front yard one day!

0 crafty folks: