10.10.2010

Epiphany

It has only just occurred to me recently (as in the last 10 minutes) how I’ve become a much more visual person. About 8-10 years ago I would have classified myself as a poet. I was good with words and could write a (good) 6 or 8 page paper in a day. I was a connoisseur of vocabulary. I suppose this is something like a foreign language in that, if you don’t continue the practice, you lose the ability. My dear blog reader(s) I have lost this ability. I’ve found over the last 3 or 4 years that this blog has been in existence that the amount of pictures in my posts have increased and the amount of words have decreased exponentially. This astounds me (I’m trying to reach with my vocabulary here, can you tell?). I should try harder to document my life, not because it’s interesting to the general public by any means, but because I hope one day my great grandchildren will find what we did in our past time as interesting as I find what my grand parents and great grandparents did in their pastimes…

Ok enough gibber-gabber. On to the pictures! For the last 5 years I have been dreaming about making it to the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, KY. They are like the Olympics but for horse sports. Held every 4 years in a different location but never once have they been held in America, until this year. This was the first time for America to host and I was bound and determined to make it. Well, by golly I did! I drove 7 hours from Lubbock to San Antonio. 3 hours from San Antonio to Houston. From Houston I rode with my friend 14 hours to Nashville, TN and from Nashville another 4 hours to Lexington, KY. We camped for 4 nights and endured 3 days of grueling heat and freezing cold nights. It was a blast.

To the pretty horses!

 blurred16  IMG_1514 IMG_1516 IMG_1528bw IMG_1661 IMG_2061 IMG_2062 IMG_2244

Don’t Laugh… I had lens envy. IMG_2311

pip, pip, cheerio.

0 crafty folks: